In 1942, the U.S. Army commissioned Camp Weed's St. Andrew Bay site to be used for the war effort. The St. Joe Paper Company then offered the Diocese, beachfront property on St. James Bay near St. Teresa, that could be used for a camp during WWII. However, this property was soon needed and used by the U.S. Military for the war effort.
Camp Weed was moved to temporary quarters on St. John's River in Hibernia, Florida during WWII.
By the end of WWII, the Camp returned to the St. Teresa site in 1946.
Camp Weed now had barracks, mess halls and offices which became dormitories, a dining room, a chapel, a recreation house and a crafts/hobby house.
The next decade, the Camp grew and the facilities were used for a wide range of programs and meetings.